It shouldn't be this difficult. The battery cannot be lifted high enough to clear the bottom of the compartment door opening. I cannot tip out at the top because the battery hits the wiring harness connector secured right above it. Anyone been through this that can tell me what you did? TIA, Jerry
I used to have the CR model. The battery came out a few times and never had an issue. Thinking maybe the wrong battery got put in? When I was purchasing a replacement battery for mine, I worked around the tray size and height clearances to get the biggest CCA's I could possibly get in a package that fit.
It's a Cat branded battery so I believe it's the original. The operation/maintenance manual does not address battery replacement. My next step is to see if the outside panel removes easily. There are two bolts on the bottom, and I cannot feel anything along the top edge, so maybe that's how it gets done.
The battery is out. I had to remove 3 bolts, allowing the lower side and front cover to be removed. CD, maybe your CR was an earlier model than my C? Hopefully this thread will halp someone else down the road.
Thanks I was just looking at my battery, rather small. that came with the BC e50....It looks like it will be difficult to get out, as the same things that you had mine has....I will check to see if the paneling comes off easily---then it should just slide out sideways Tony