Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 303cr auxiliary issues

mak z · 2022-07-31 14:15

I have a 2004 cat 303cr that is new to me and is having issues with the aux circuit. When I put the safety lever down I noticed a function constantly engaged. I narrowed it down to the aux function constantly on. The aux foot pedal doesn’t center itself even when it’s locked and feels very sloppy. It also has no resistance when I press it in either direction. So my question is does anyone have a breakdown of the valve under the pedal or can tell me how it centers itself.

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2022-07-31 14:43

    Can you post a photo of the pedal you are talking about.? It's not the easiest thing to identify.

  2. #2heymccall2022-07-31 14:48
  3. #3heymccall2022-07-31 14:49
  4. #4heymccall2022-07-31 14:51
  5. #5Tyler d4c2022-07-31 15:00

    Pope's are stuck down in the pilot valve from rust mine did the same thing

  6. #6mak z2022-07-31 21:29

    Did you happen to take it apart and were you able to get it cleaned up enough to function again?

  7. #7Tyler d4c2022-07-31 22:54

    Yes a few new orings and to clean them and the bore there in is all thats you need if that is the problem

  8. #8mak z2022-08-01 06:54

    Sounds good I’ll be taking it apart in the next few day I appreciate the input thanks.