Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 303CR hydraulic problem

Kodiakk21 ยท 2015-05-25 09:40

Hello, I have a CAT 303CR mini excavator. When I first start it, everything runs fine,(boom, bucket, etc.) after about 5 minutes all of the hydraulic functions begin to bog the engine down to where it almost quits (Tramming, boom, bucket, etc.) I quit using the hydraulics and it throttles back up. I have replaced the fuel filters and checked the air filters. Any advice or help would be appreciated. thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2015-05-25 10:27

    From your description it sounds as though the torque control spool is not working to reduce the load when the oil gets hot. I wonder if there is something sticking in there..?

  2. #2mikebramel2015-05-26 01:39

    Yes, like Nige says you will need to do some diagnostic work. No turning knobs LOL. First start with what is the maximum obtainable pressure hot compared to cold?