Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 303CR will not start with key, blade only hydraulics when running.

Wen32FAB ยท 2024-03-23 13:35

New here looking for some help. I have a 303CR, serial DMA-05055, which will not start with the key. I can jump the solenoid and the machine will run. However, I do not have any hydraulics accept for the blade. I believe the issue is in the safety switch circuit. Machine will shut off with key. I have tested one relay, 250-2048, and found it to be functioning as it should. This relay is the only one I can hear/feel actuating when the safety lever is lower/raised. I am unable to determine if there is another relay in the circuit. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!

Replies13
  1. #1Tyler d4c2024-03-23 14:14

    Dis you check all fuses. Are you getting power to the key switch (i doubt you are)

  2. #2Wen32FAB2024-03-23 14:19

    All fuses are good. There is 12 volts to key switch and 12 volt on start side of switch when turned but nothing at starter. Thanks for post

  3. #3Nige2024-03-23 14:23

    Check your messages.

  4. #4Wen32FAB2024-03-23 14:29

    Thank you Nige!!

  5. #5Wen32FAB2024-03-24 16:12

    Update. Starting issue fixed thanks to info from Nige. Found a broken wire on a relay connector buried under the seat. Thought the no hydro issue was related but still no hydro's accept for the blade. Absolutely no joystick controls. Hydro fluid is full. There is a buzzing from a hydro line near a valve block with safety arm up or down. I have traced as many wires as I can physically touch and have not found any other broken wires. Relay(s)? Solenoid(s)? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated once again.

  6. #6Tyler d4c2024-03-24 17:52

    If it's the same as my dma prefix machine there is a valve block with 2 solenoids in it on is 2 speed track and on is pilot lock out see if it's get power is where I'd start

  7. #7Wen32FAB2024-03-24 18:30

    Thanks Tyler d4c, Are they on the left side under floor? Near aux foot control valve? If so, which one is pilot lock out? As I am looking, left or right? Thanks you!

  8. #8Tyler d4c2024-03-24 18:38

    Yes that's the spot I'm trying to thing witch it is I had to fix the 2 speed on on mine I'm thinking it was the one toward the front of the machine.

  9. #9Wen32FAB2024-03-24 18:50

    Front for 2 speed solenoid or front for lock out solenoid? And, Thank you!!

  10. #10Tyler d4c2024-03-24 18:53

    2 speed I'm pretty sure

  11. #11Tyler d4c2024-03-24 19:03

    You will want to verify

  12. #12Wen32FAB2024-03-24 19:06

    Thank you. Will verify asap. Much gratitude!!

  13. #13Wen32FAB2025-01-11 15:58

    I have a 303CR, serial DMA-05055. I have been trying for a while to diagnose hydraulic or electrical issues. I have the unit running now and all electrical issues seem to be fixed. But, I still can't figure out the pilot controls issue. Blade functions as it should but I don't have any other hydraulic controls. If I crack any hose connection on the unit I get flow from that hose but no pressure. Hydro pump is strong and will load up when blade is bottomed out or raise to max. I have voltage at safety solenoid and it seems to be energizing. There is a buzzing sound from the main valve block area which I can't quite pin point. Like a relief valve is bypassing? I have zero pilot controls.