Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 304.5 Track Idler ?

adhsue ยท 2020-10-11 21:14

I have a 2001 cat 304.5 that both front track idlers have BAD bearings, can I buy just the bearing somewhere or do I have to buy the hole idler assm, & if so where can I find one other than CAT, just bought this machine for some fence row cleaning & don't want to spend a ton of money on it. Thanks in advance...

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2020-10-12 04:07

    Good day Try a search for the ITM outlet I'm sure there are others

  2. #2strykerakamack2020-10-13 19:57

    I did my under the carriage on my Yanmar Vio 35.3 with parts from https://www.alibaba.com/ Just Search what your looking for and get it shipped direct to your door lots of companies to chose from I saved thousands compared to oem and its basically 1/2 off of what a reseller would charge you for . The only down side is takes about a month for shipping . Fully insured so I wasn't worried . Hardest part of job was getting tracks back on . Or if you can get the numbers on the bearings that are inside idlers you can just get those