I have a 304C CR and I am having trouble with the heat/air conditioning. It does not seem to be moving much if any air. I can hear the blower come on and change speed as I change to the three different speed settings but I don't seem to actually get any more air coming out of the vents as I increase the speed. The filter looks fine to me. Any ideas?? Thanks!
General things I would try not having seen your exact set up 1. remove the filter even if it looks clean and try again with no filter to see if its better (sometimes they can be mostly plugged but look ok) 2. See if any ducting came off behind somewhere and all the air flow is being lost 3. heater core or a/c condensor have a layer of dust/dirt on them preventing proper flow.
maybe blower is dusted up, along with the logical other things...It`s all mechanical and can be figured out Tony
A common problem where I used to work was to find the suction side of the ac ducting blocked by a plastic bag.......
Squirrel cage came loose (slipping) on the motor shaft ? Been there ,, done that Just another place to look ...
One thing to keep in mind if you end up pulling the fan and motor out. When cleaning the squirrel cage fan be sure to get it good and clean all of it. A little dirt on one side can cause a bad vibration. Agree with the comments above about looking for plastic bags caught in fan or blocking off the heater/A-C cores.
Does anyone know where the intake suction is? It does not blow any additional air with the filter out. The squirrel cage appears to be spinning as it should (increasing as I turn up the speed). I can't feel any air leaks anywhere, I followed the ducts as far as I could. Thanks for the help so far!!
you might look on the right hand side under the cowering, and look far a small louvered cover.....Tony