Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 304CR Boom Rotate Issue

Bbeck3174 ยท 2023-04-07 17:23

I need some help from the Cat folks. I have an 07 Cat 304CR and I blew a hose on the final drive. I got new hoses made and replaced the lost fluid. I operated all the functions to bleed the air out and it worked fine. After about 20 minutes I operated the swing boom and after 2 rotations it started moving left on its own. I thought it could be air so I went through all the operations again and it wouldn't stop. when I move the swing boom pedal I have to push further down on the left than the right. like it is stuck in mid function. I guess i could go out and keep operating it and hope it comes back to its neutral position. Anyone have any thoughts.

Replies2
  1. #1Tags2023-04-07 18:41

    Could the pedal pivot point be sticking and causing it to stay engaged? Or a piece of the blown hose made its way into your valve bank and landed in your boom swing valve causing issues.

  2. #2Vetech632023-04-07 18:53

    You didn't get dirt in the lines when you changed the hoses did you?