Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 305 2019 installing auxiliary hydraulic lines for attachments

islandmini ยท 2022-02-26 15:14

hey guys im just wondering if anyone has installed auxiliary hydraulic lines on their cat 305 before. if so what size lines did you make , how long did you make them, and where do you connect them into? I have a buddy that said he would make me the lines if i figured out the length and size of hose i need to make them out of. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2022-02-26 15:27

    A Serial Number would get you a hydraulic schematic that (I think) would also include the auxiliary hydraulic installation.

  2. #2KSSS2022-02-27 00:51

    I am certainly not the resident Cat expert, but aren't the aux lines standard on a 305?

  3. #3dieseldog5.92022-02-27 07:21

    You are correct, but maybe not on the older square body 305. I added a second set of lines to run the swing bucked off of the boom swing circuit, comes with a solenoid to switch between boom swing and bucket swing. Solenoid tucks up inside the compartment for valve body and not on the stick. I bought my lines from Cat Dealer, they were reasonably priced. And they fit correctly.