Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 305 broken track

03 EC210 · 2019-05-31 19:14

Hi All I have a 2010 cat 305 D CR (sr # jxer00267). I broke a track on it today and am looking to order some new ones this weekend. Does anyone know the specific size this machine came with? And/or a part number? Maybe even a recommendation on a place to order them from? Thanks in advance

Replies13
  1. #1heymccall2019-05-31 19:23

    Cat says aftermarket says it fits a bobcat too.

  2. #2heymccall2019-05-31 19:25

    This one lists the size

  3. #303 EC2102019-05-31 20:02

    Thanks heymccall I’m coming up with 400x72.5x76 for that part number?

  4. #403 EC2102019-06-01 09:10

    Heymccall You’re information is correct Thank You for the help

  5. #5f311fr12019-06-02 20:00

    Try Vine and Branch in CA. Tracks for my 304C CR were $2300.00 delivered.

  6. #6CM19952019-06-02 20:32

    Just my $.02 - I would spend the extra $$ and buy the OEM Bridgestone tracks. I have bought enough cheap knock off tracks for CTL's and mini's only to have them fail in 400-500 hrs with normal use. 1200 hrs on our '16 279D doing commercial dirt work and the tracks have 30-40% life left on them. I have never got that out of aftermarket. The Bridgestones are more coin but worth it in my opinion.

  7. #703 EC2102019-06-02 22:21

    Ya thanks for the extra info guys. I’ll call cat tomorrow and see how much. Didn’t even consider it. Thanks again

  8. #8f311fr12019-06-09 21:34

    For CTL and MTL yes to OE tracks. Mini exes move about 10 percent as much as a CTL. That being said I ran a set of CAT heavy duty tracks on my RC100 ASV (same as a Cat 287B) and the life was about half of the Cat standard tracks I put on my RC85. I have thw ASV replacements for the RC100 in the barn ready for the change out.

  9. #9f311fr12019-06-09 21:35

    Camoplast made the Cat heavy duty tracks so scratch them off your short list. The ASV OE tracks were only about $150.00 more for the set than all the other knoc offs.

  10. #10Extra Fubar2019-06-10 07:34

    I do not want to highjack this thread but it's about tracks too. I own a Cat 305 CR 2008 and while the rubber tracks are in an OK shape, I work mainly in rocks so I plan to eventually replace them with steel tracks. Can I go from rubber to steel tracks easily?

  11. #1103 EC2102019-06-10 23:12

    I spent the extra and got the oem Bridgestone tracks. I figure it’s cheaper in the long run

  12. #12jbernielh2019-06-11 00:36

    I"ve got a 304C CR and the OEM bridgestones were pretty much shot around 1200 hours of operating on a fair bit of fractured rock.. unfortunately I don't have the model handy but I got a set of a heavy duty camoplast brand a few years ago and after 1300 hours on the same material that wore out the bridgestones I have about 30% life remaining.. I've been very happy with them.. I looked at replacing my bridgestones with steel and road liner pads because of the rock but when I looked into it I was told I would need to change out all my track rollers etc to run steel tracks so never pursued it any farther..

  13. #13jbernielh2019-06-11 00:43

    just looked it up online and the tracks I have are now camso MEX HXD