Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 305 CR Retread

Underdog ยท 2011-04-08 21:27

Cat 305 CR Retread I bought this Cat 305CR recently and it needed new tracks. I used Prowler tracks found on ebay. They seem high quality, time will tell. Painted the undercarriage before putting new tracks on. http://www.prowlertracks.com/index.htm

Replies9
  1. #1nzpatch2011-04-09 06:52

    wow looks like the sheet metal needs more than a paint?! hope the new tracks give a good run for you.

  2. #2KSSS2011-04-09 13:14

    Let me guess it was a rental machine. How else could someone bang up a zero tail machine like that?

  3. #3nfc2011-04-09 19:26

    What kind of paint did you use?

  4. #4Underdog2011-04-11 20:15

    I used NAPA commercial coating paint. I mix my own recipe. Sixteen 16 ounces of MH 101 acrylic hardener to one 1 gallon paint, then reduce with about 10-15% NAPA PCR10 reducer. Usually shoot with a HF 2 quart pressure pot gun set at 8-10 psi pot pressure and 40 to 60 psi air pressure at the gun.

  5. #5Lee-online2011-04-11 20:17

    What did you do to the idlers? Paint always makes it look alot better.

  6. #6Underdog2011-04-11 21:05

    I removed them and resealed the pistons with new o rings. One side the previous owner had the idler upside down. And yes it was a rental machine in its younger days, but I bought it right I think.

  7. #7caver2011-05-05 21:51

    Are you happy with this machine? I looked at a used one yesterday to use at my farm.

  8. #8RCTech92011-05-06 21:41

    The paint & New Tracks make it look great!!!

  9. #9FUJINAMI12932012-05-14 03:01

    what did those tracks cost and how are they holding up after a year