Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 305c cr throttle issue

Nicholas1834 · 2024-03-15 18:37

I had an issue where the throttle was stuck wide open turned out to be a pin on the connector was faulty. Fixed the pin and now the throttle only moves 25% roughly and doesn’t do the full range of throttle. Electronic dial throttle, that has no issues. Is there a way to calibrate the throttle to get the full range of motion out of the actuator?

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2024-03-15 19:12

    All I seen on that.

  2. #2heymccall2024-03-15 19:14

    Oh, and found this S3Q2 and S3Q2-T Engines Troubleshooting - Automatic Engine Speed Control Caterpillar avsmanual.com

  3. #3Nicholas18342024-03-15 20:05

    Issue video on YouTube this is the issue. I didn’t realize the polarities are now reversed somehow some way. Any help is greatly appreciated, I just bought this machine last week haven’t had any issues until yesterday

  4. #4Nicholas18342024-03-15 20:11

    Where is the AEC module located?