I bought a 2016 cat 305 E and I can't seem to change the pattern control using the electronic module. Have any of you run into this problem or have any suggestions?
For a 2016 Cat 305 E2, the pattern control is changed via the digital display monitor (COMPASS panel). Access the menu, select "Control Pattern," and use the arrows to switch between excavator and backhoe, then press "OK" to confirm. If it fails, check for electrical, solenoid, or wiring harness issues. Here's a YouTube demo too. Maybe something here will help. Other thoughts: Electronic/Solenoid Issues: If the screen shows the change but the hydraulics do not, the electro-hydraulic valve (solenoid) that switches the pilot lines may be faulty or disconnected. Hydraulic Lockout: Ensure the hydraulic lockout lever is in the correct operating position, as this can prevent the pattern changer from activating. Diagnostic Codes: Check for active machine error codes (ECM) that might indicate a failure in the pattern change circuit. If the digital menu is not working on a 2016 model, the issue is likely electrical, affecting the solenoid valve, rather than a mechanical issue with the hoses themselves.
Thanks Allan for responding. I don't remember if I had the lockout lever engaged or not when I tried to change the pattern. I will try that first and if that doesn't work I will see if I can locate the solenoid and check it out. I do appreciate the response.