I recently purchased a 2021 cat 306. I want to use a pallet fork attachment, but I was wondering if there is a way to reverse the bucket control. When front shoveling with a bucket or using pallet forks the controls seem backwards. I would like pulling the stick sideways toward the seat tilt up and pushing the stick towards the side window to tilt bucket/fork down. Is there a way to wire up a switch to reverse the controls when using forks or front shoveling and switch back for normal digging? Thanks.
Serial Number.?
Cat00306e6g607161
Thank you. Give me a while, I will have to look at the electrical/electronic setup for it.
I think it's going to be difficult. The signals from the joysticks to the Machine ECM are the PWM type and I am not sure that it would be a good idea to run them through any sort of external changeover switch installed in the machine harness for fear of adulterating the signals to the point at which the Machine ECM could not satisfactorily decipher them. The Operation & Maintenance Manual lists various alternative control patterns, provided your machine is so equipped, that can be used. However I don't see anything like the pattern you are wanting. The way the pattenr control changer works is that everything is done internally within the Machine ECM programming on the basis of a an input signal from a button on one of the joystick levers. Have you asked the question to your Cat dealer.?
I haven't asked my cat dealer yet. I was hoping it was something simple I could do myself. Thanks for looking into this for me.
It does not appear so, and I would caution against trying to install any type of transfer switch in a wiring harness for fear of screwing up the PWM signals to the ECM.