Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 307 c

TRU.X ยท 2013-02-26 02:07

Anyone have any complaints about the cat 307c? I'm looking to buy a 2008 model. I know that cat discountinued the 307 line for 2013.

Replies5
  1. #1lminter2402013-02-28 08:44

    I have CAT 305 - 2006 - 850 hrs., machine run for one hr. and engine die, after starter up fast and keep work, same time for 2 or 3 hrs. and again die my friend say CAT have Recalls but dealer say NO, machine have the best complete service may by you can help me Thanks

  2. #2melli2013-02-28 11:56

    Tru.X - wish I had one... Lminter - should start a new thread. Anyways, it sounds odd to have a machine die after an hour, then go 2-3hr and die again. Sounds like an electrical problem...something loose. Definitely not heating up and shutting down? Does it shut down like you turned the key off or does it sputter and then die?

  3. #3Asphalt/Dirtman2013-02-28 20:40

    My complaint is that they quit making the swing boom for them to get you to buy a 308. Then they one uped themselves and did away with the 307 all together. 307 with swing boom is a good machine. not knocking the 308. Both machines are good machines. Expensive, but powerful, speedy machines.

  4. #4toomuchtime2013-03-06 09:55

    I have a 305.5d and love it zero issues so far!

  5. #5TRU.X2013-03-06 11:07

    I have a 303, 304, and a 312. I figure I can get rid of the 304 and still have a machine that can do small to medium jobs like pools, drain lines, footings etc. looking at the specs, the only real difference between 307 and 8 was the zero tail swing but no swing boom. I would rather have the boom option then the zero tail. Also, I'm looking at a used 307 in Hawaii that is a steel of a deal!