I have a '96 ish 307SSR gray market machine and need some advice. The pump grenaded, I had it rebuilt, reinstalled. Had to clean trash out of main relief a few times, changed fluid and filters 3x so far, and it seems to operate fine with one exception. Before the pump failed I would run it in the middle position on the "Work" switch. Now, I can easily stall the machine in the second and third positions on the switch if I put a load on it. I can dig all day in the "1/2" position but all functions cycle very slowly. I know that I have altered the settings on the main relief valve since I have had it apart a few times, but certainly don't think I've made any huge changes. I get a lot of black smoke when the machine is almost to a stalling point, so I don't think this is a fuel issue either. I asked the shop that rebuilt the pump about it and was told that I have a fresh pump and a worn engine, but wasn't given much in the way of advice toward making adjustments. Engine has always run fine, no smoke or blowby, so I don't buy that theory. Any help or advice would be much appreciated as I have fortunately never been down this road before and don't entirely understand the workings of this system. Also, I can't tell any difference between I and II on the "Power" switch, whatever that means. Thanks for your help!
No replies yet.