Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 308 wont move forward or reverse

Themechanic42 · 2026-09-18 14:40

I have a cat 308 with codes 5332-2 and 5603-3 and was wondering if anyone can help. Excavator turns on fine it just wont move forward or reverse Seiral Number # CAT00308KGG801763

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2026-09-18 15:22

    5332-2 is an erratic, intermittent, or incorrect signal from the LH travel pedal position sensor. 5603-3 is a voltage above normal Code on the same sensor. See the attached troubleshooting procedure. Actually as a quick and dirty test unplug the pedal position sensor then turn the key ON. If it has failed the 5603-3 Code will change to a 5603-4. If it stays as 5603-3 then you will have to go through the relevant test procedure to locate what may well be a wiring fault. If you find that you need a complete electrical schematic just ask.

  2. #2Themechanic422026-09-22 18:09

    Thank you I don’t what happened but after the rain the excavator starting working properly. No more codes coming up. I cleaned the pedal and checked the wiring and everything is fine. I unplugged the pedal with the key on and codes switched over to 5602-3, 5605-3 and 5604-3 The only thing I can think of is the pedal going bad. I noticed two pistons stuck in the downward position

  3. #3Nige2026-09-23 03:37

    Could have been a build up of mud around the travel control valve. Were those photos taken after the valve was cleaned.?

  4. #4Themechanic422026-09-23 14:13

    Yes these photos were taken after I cleaned the valve. I couldn't get the two pistons to release