As I am a newbie, I can't post, hopefully its ok for me to ask question here. I am looking at buying a used Cat 308CCR Rega excavator year 2005. It has only done around 2500 hrs, the problem is it has no power in the track motors. It travels fine around a flat paddock but when you try to climb a hill it struggles then stops and you can hear I'm guessing the release valves going. All other hydraulics work perfectly. Is the problem due to it being a grey market machine and possibly only designed for site work? Can the release valves be set higher, as I need it to be able to climb reasonable hills without the aid of the bucket. Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks
Welcome to the Forums gwc!:drinkup Forum Rules state that you have to have 3 posts under your belt before you can post your own thread, it's to help keep the spammers out. I took a Moderators liberty and moved your first post to it's own thread in order to help you get some information a little faster. Good Luck!
I used to own a E70B that had the same problem and it turned out to be the pressure relief valve for the travel circuit. The lock nut had come loose allowing the valve to back off reducing pressure to the travel motors
find the case drain line coming off the swivel,check for excessive case drain oil thru the swivel. pull the line off and extend it so it will reach back to the tank. have someone hold the line and try to travel. should be minimal, if its a steady flow i would be checking for weak/blown seals.