I went to check out a Cat H90 (i think) hydraulic breaker that I mounted on this machine last year. Owner said it sounded funny. It needs the accumulator diaphragms replaced. But he also said that the valve in the back to switch between hammer and thumb didn't work right. The hammer only works in the wrong position. I don't know who did it wrong. It was either me or the factory. I know that the pressure side on the hammer is on the right and the return on the left. In my experience cat excavators have the pressure line on the right side of the boom and the return on the left, which is backwards from Deere, Hitachi, Komatsu, Takeuchi, etc. Has Cat changed that recently or is it that way on only some sizes of cat excavators and backhoes?
Here is where this hardline tees into the hammer plumbing on the valve body.
Here is the valve at the other end of the hard line from the tee at the valve body. Little odd to me. I am used to three way valves, not on off. I get it though, if the valve is open it allows a path of least resistance for the oil to go straight to the oil cooler instead of the valve body.
Quick and dirty, crossing the hoses at the hammer make the hammer and selector valve in the back work correctly.
So, now, do I just leave the lines crossed like this or should I swap them at the valve body? More important to me is: did I get it wrong when I mated this breaker with this machine or did the factory get it wrong when they plumbed the lines?
Anybody?
I can’t speak for all CAT machines, but on the 308CR the pressure line should be on the Left side and the return is on the Right side.
Thanks, I guess I will just keep the hammer lines criss crossed. Doesn't hurt anything and the valve that sends the oil to the oil cooler instead of the valve body works right.