Right folks, I feel a right ******** as installed security code on 2014 cat 308e and now I'm locked out. Spent two and half hours trying every code I would ever use. So approx six months ago tried setting it up but didn't manage to install it. I know I did change the code but what we wrote down and recorded isn't working and I'm not sure if I had tried again at some point but ??? Anyhow there has been a few excavators going missing locally so decided while washing off and servicing to turn on the security, followed by the book and hey oh locked out. Question What can I do now? Does the dealer have to visit yard to sort? Finally just to make things worse boom was stuck out of the door while servicing so couldn't lock up, ended up dragging digger out with the hook loader so I could go home.
Apart from the security code how well has the rest of the machine been going? You might put two security systems on the machine if in a theft area.
Cat 308 are a good strong machine. Just had an issue with one ( just so happens to be this one) with regen problem. Turned out to be injector pressure some down but some up and sending excess fuel to exhust which then got hot under regent and would shut down. Overall the only frustration is that they don't like to work near to the machine so if you only work in small spaces they are not the excavator for you. We ended up buying a kubota kx057 to cover this issue but kubota is lovely machine but way down on power compared to the cat 308. I know that they are differant sizes but just saying. Cat need to fill the gap between. Security system is great. Just wish I had set it up sooner and which ****wit chose the menu. Why not say turn security ON or OFF! Cheers
The last time I fooled with one, we had to replace the monitor. There is a wipe and flash code but it didn't work for me once it was locked out.
Cat has built the new 307E2 in China, 50hp, fixed end boom with standard tail swing. http://www.equipmentworld.com/china...-excavator-debuts-in-u-s-fills-gap-in-lineup/ Hitachi have the ZX65 that fits between the 30.5 and 308
What did you end up having to do? I have a 308e that I'm locked out of.