Hi all, after not using excavator for a few months, was going over everything and noticed what seems to be an oil leak around turbo. should I be worried? if so, what would be the possible causes? Anything I can look at to do to rectify this. thanks in advance paul
Can't see much with all that gunk on there, not even an idea where the source of the leak is. Try cleaning it and see exactly what that reveals would be my first suggestion.
Will do thanks for the reply, thought I would post photos prior to doing anything. Will clean it up and run it and see where leak is coming from. Hopefully just one spot.
You don't have to disassemble anything at this stage. Simply clean it up good with aerosol cleaner then run it and take a pic of where the oil starts leaking from.
Hey nige, cleaned it up, nipped up the hose clamps and ran it a full throttle for 5 or 6 minutes. No obvious sign of a leak. Will just have to keep an eye on it. Doesn’t get used all year round. Thanks for your responses.