Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 311 CU Main Hydraulic Pump Air Purge Procedure

Crs2fur1 · 2024-02-17 05:32

Question: What is the proper procedure to purge air from the main hydraulic pump on a CAT 311 CU Excavator? Serial number CLK 00701.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2024-02-17 10:31

    See the attached. Were you aware that your machine is a grey market model.? How do you go getting parts & service information for it.?

  2. #2Crs2fur12024-02-17 11:49

    Thank you very much, sir. Thank you very much, sir. Yes, I am aware the machine is grey market. I have worked with my local CAT dealer to obtain a parts manul that will work with my machine. So far i have not had any issues getting the correct parts since I obtained the parts manual. My excavator appears to be plumbed differently than illustration 2 in the diagram you kinldy provided. Should there be a plug in the negative flow hose like the illustration shows? Please see the attahed picture.

  3. #3Nige2024-02-17 15:18

    That’s above my pay grade I’m afraid. You need one if the excavator experts to chime in.