the cab glass on my cat 311 is missing all of the nylon rollers which makes opening and closing a real pain. Does anyone know how to replace the nylon rollers or remove the upper window itself for repair? Thanks
on my 314 I just unscrewed the left side track, slid new rollers and washers on. Easy fix and made a big improvement.
Mine has a metal tape or track which is connected to the upper right roller that retracts into a reel as the windshield goes up. The other three corners just have a pin that the rollers slide over. Doesn't look like anything holds them on. Maybe the pins are damaged/too short and that's why the rollers fell off. Any ideas how to remove the window/frame?
I pulled this from 311b book. I've never used step #2, though.
Hey, that's awesome, thanks! Slightly different than my grey market 311 but close enough to do the trick. Had I not read that I would've had to buy a new "spring assembly" for sure..
Can't imagine why the rear glass would have to come out? Also I take it your book is digital? Haven't seen those if so. Maybe cheaper than the $500 ones on ebay.
I registered for free at "avspare . com". The site is a little awkward to navigate, but, better than nothing.
I'm also looking for the front windshield rollers on my 304.5 cat