Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 311b flow rate for aux hydraulics

slwbid ยท 2016-02-04 22:24

My excavator shows to have a 57gpm hyd pump. I need to know how many gpm the forward auxiliary hydraulics are. They appear to be factory built and are controlled by a foot pedal. Anyone know how I can determine the flow rate? thanks much Stacy

Replies6
  1. #1mikebramel2016-02-05 10:14

    With someone who has a flow meter

  2. #2slwbid2016-06-04 22:39

    I don't have a flow meter. Does anyone know what the mgf flow rate is supposed to be for the auxiliary hydraulics on a 311b? It appears it came from factory pre plumbed for hammer or thumb. Thanks Stacy

  3. #3lantraxco2016-06-04 23:43

    Can't find a brochure and the cat specs I can find don't seem to show it. Serial number might let somebody look up what option package the machine was shipped with. The 57 GPM is combined flow of two main pumps, your aux system may be set up to use just one pump at half that.

  4. #4slwbid2016-06-07 22:51

    serial number is either 8gro1237 or 8hro1237

  5. #5DEMLONE702016-06-08 13:41

    Its 30 GPM

  6. #6slwbid2016-06-20 21:42

    thanks demlone70. That is very close to what I found in a specifications list I recently located.