I have a cat 312 E L excavator. We had few wires burn up in the pump compartment and few pilot lines. We replaced pilot lines but now the only way the boom up function works is by capping the boom crossover line on top of valve body. When we do that the pump pressure jumps up to 7,000 psi which I know is way to high. Does anyone know where I should look?
Might be a good idea to post some pictures of exactly what you have done for someone to comment. There must be some lines crossed or some other further damage from the fire. Simon C
From left to right the spools are stick, swing, travel,travel, boom, and hoist. I have capped the crossover pilot line form the boom spool. Not the spool itself just end of pilot line coming from boom spool. I still have a few sensor wires that are burned in the pump compartment. GREGORY Poole said all my functions should still work even if a few wires are burned because it works on pilot pressure.
Can you post a picture of the burned up wiring?