Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 312 excavator good or bad?

Pete1468 ยท 2012-03-19 08:37

Can any body tell me about a cat 312, going to look at one with 10,000 hours. This would be my first excavator, just for widening out a waterway and a few trees mostly a farm machine .

Replies4
  1. #1maddog2012-03-19 09:47

    I've run the 312 an thought it was a decent machine. 10,000hrs is a little high but if it was well taken care of then it could go another 10,000. Be carefull if it was a rental unit though, just make sure and check it over with a fine tooth comb.

  2. #2lgammon2012-03-21 22:11

    we have one. no major problems. it is a bit small for some of our work and a bit big for other stuff. if you are loading trucks it is not going to keep up with many.

  3. #3Pete14682012-03-21 22:20

    It got sold before I could go look at it. Might have found a nicer 315, I'm going to look at it friday. I'ts supposed to only have 5800 hours, seems low for a 315L.

  4. #4uffex2012-03-23 14:45

    Good day Pete1468 If you are interested an article relating to this kind of application its free you can down load it at www.ecatech.com hope it helps. KR