I changed all the fluids in my 93 312 that I just picked up but can't get the inline hydraulic filter off. I noticed that there was a sticker nearby that said to releive the pressure of the system by moving the neutral lever and working the joysticks. Can anybody tell me what it's talking about, the machine only had a parts manual not an operations/service manual. Thanks
I mean the neutral lever part. I get the joystick part of the equation
All you need to do is to relieve the pressure in the tank, ie. opening the cap/plug on it.
Alright thanks , I changed the in tank filter and heard the pressure release when I cracked that open. I guess I will just pull harder on the inline one. Not knowing a whole lot about this machine I just wanted to be safe rather than sorry. It was a noob question for sure
I've got another question related to the 312. The machine has 5000 hrs and the engine turns over quite a few times before firing. If I turn the throttle up it will fire a little faster. Could there be an air bubble in the fuel line to cause this delay? It will do this on initial startup and after it's been running for awhile and try to restart. Anybody else experience this problem?
Is all fuel lines and filters dry on the outside, if you have a fuel leak it could be sucking air in as well. Check the elbow on the primary filter inlet where the hose from the tank connects, it is often clogged with crap.
I will check those tomorrow, Thanks Eriksson. Tonight I unscrewed the bolt on top of the fuel filter and turned the engine over to purge any air out and still had the same results. Oddly enough, If i turned the engine over for just a second (kinda just bumped the ignition) then paused and turned it over again it would fire right up with out any hesitation. But if I held the starter on the first turnover it will turnover several times before firing, Crazy. With this extra info does this still sound like a clog or is this something more?
Hey I finally had some free time to unscrew the inlet line on the fuel filter and it didn't have any debris inside, it looked as though it should. Any other thoughts? Also on my digital gauge for the throttle it goes all the way to 10, but 8 and up are all the same rpm. Is my throttle off or is the instrument panel used in other machines that would have 10 levels whereas mine just has 8?:beatsme
not to high jack your post but i need to know how to relieve system pressure because i have some leaking lines and im not quite sure how to make the system safe on a cat 304 mini excavator. sorry im a new guy looking for some help thanks!
No problem man. I would love to be able to tell you how but I just picked mine up 2 weeks ago and am learning as I go. Other than absolutely loving running an excavator and having the work to keep it busy I am a noob when it comes knowing how to do anything other than your standard maintenance. Ie oil change, grease, filter change etc
haha im learning too im going to school to work on diesels and picked up a job at a construction company doing fleet maitence after school and they banged up the mini pretty bad. i love operating excavator their the best anytime they ask me to stock pile up material i jump right on it i love it!