I have a CAT 312 Rega (Gray market) excavator with serial number prefix 7DK. I’m having issues with the throttle dial not working, having to use manual throttle and hydraulic overheating which causes engine to overheat. I’m getting 25v to everything but only getting 11.54v on throttle dial wiring harness pins. Where could the voltage drop be ? Any schematics for electrical system for this machine ?
The 7DK ISJ machine corresponds pretty closely to a 6GK "World" model. However there are two options for 6GK. In order to determine to which of those two options your machine corresponds would require the full Serial Number of your particular machine. Question: Do you have any manuals for your excavator.? If you don't I would suggest a Parts Manual is a minimum requirement, because if you quote your 7DK S/N to a Cat dealer enquiring for parts they are liable to look at you like you've grown a second head.
I have only what I’ve been able to find online, which isn’t hardly any. The schematic I did find isn’t the correct one. My serial is 7DK02182. That’s correct, CAT even has a very difficult time finding anything.
That’s because the 7DK machine was never intended for sale outside Japan and therefore all the service info was only ever published in Japanese. To make it worse none of it was ever uploaded to the online system. I’ll take a look around based on your Serial Number and see what I can come up with.
Check your messages for an electrical schematic.
Can you send me that same schematic, please
It’s not quite as easy as that. There are two possible schematics depending on the machine Serial Number. The appropriate one for your machine might be different to the one supplied to the previous poster. Supply your machine Serial Number and the correct one will be available. Do you have a Parts Manual for it.? See post #2 above and you will quickly realise that you will need one sooner rather than later.