I have a 1999 Peterbilt 330 dump with a CAT 3126 and I wanted to add a boost gauge. On the intake manifold there are a couple plugs and I was hoping to remove one of the plugs and put a fitting in to connect the line. I can't find a part through my peterbilt or cat dealer so I was curious where guys connect the boost gauge or where you get the fitting from. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Justin
I guess the question is why you think you need a boost gauge in the first place.
^obviously not an American In the old days the plug would have been 1/8" NPT and you could get the fittings at the hardware store. Probably take the plug out to get the size then order the fitting along with the boost gauge is what I'd do.
I believe the truck is low on power and I want to make sure that I have the correct boost pressure. I was able to get a plug from the local cat dealer so I will take that to the hardware store and try to match it up. I already have a gauge so I just need the tubing and the fitting and I will be all set.
Delmer, homedepot had them so I will be connecting everything up in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the help.
Make sure to leave the old plug in the glove box so if the gauge hose blows, you can cork it up. Greyson
You can never have to many gauges.