bought outer 2 sets of planetary gears but i m having a bit of a problem reinstalling them. the first set wont sit back far enough due to the link shaft being half an inch too far forward any ideas why this might be. How do I get behind it do I have to go in from the travel motor end if so how do I remove motor. I would appreciate any advice.:Banghead
Cyril, from reading the manual to strip down the final drive first the complete assembly has to be removed from the machine, then the motor has to be stripped off, the brakes disassembled, then up-end the final drive with the planetaries facing upwards and the rest of it comes out from the top. I have no idea if there is a short-cut procedure to go into the final drive from the outside cover, maybe someone on here might know. If you want the procedure so you can see how it all comes apart and goes back together again drop me a PM with an e-mail address and I'll gladly send it to you.
Sorry for late reply but a lot of work within the final drive brake disasembly etc can be done wihout removing drive from the machine. I have just done it no problems. I write this reply as it might save someone a lot of work.
So what was the reason why the planetaries didn't want to go together in the first place..?
The sun gear coupler had slid forward when the machine was recovered from sale yard after the planetary gear failier, this allowed one of the brake discs to drop between the coupler and travel motor splined shaft thus preventing re- engagement of the coupler.
does anyone have a schematic for final drive
If you want parts information a Serial Number would be a good start. Cross your fingers that you don’t have a grey import, parts info for them is harder to come by.