I have/had a cat 313 next gen 2022. Both final drives had highetal counts in the oil from new. 2500 hours and 10 oil changes and the thing would show red sample reports for it's whole life. After 3 years I traded it for a new one. Then the final oil report came and the report spiked on both drives. I had already traded it so we returned it to the dealer immediately. I had informed the dealer all along something wasn't right. They **** when the last report arrived. The only thing I can figure was a batch of soft gears got into production. Jhr20074 Anyone else see similar on those units? Ken
Did it do the majority of its travelling on wet muddy ground.?
I wouldn't say most. In the spring and fall yeah, but summer is dry enough. We rarely get into deep water. Farm fields exclusively
It had miles on it though. We travel more than most, Nd with the blade it adds a lot more.
There's your answer. Brings my back to a saying regarding undercarraige in general that was popular with a manager of mine may years ago. "When they're walking they're not working."
Yeah,but this is our 3rd 13 tonne machine, our work hasn't changed, same operator. This is the first time we've seen final drive failure.