Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 313c cr belt changing ?

briannnebo ยท 2009-07-27 17:54

The air conditioner belt on my cat 313c cr needs to be changed. I need advice on how to get to it. These zero tail machines have everything crammed in there tight. I'd buy someone a steak supper if you could walk me through changing this belt. Thanks, Brian

Replies7
  1. #1RobVG2009-07-27 20:23

    Only done it on a 312c. From below there is a tensioner pully. Remove the cover grate. Loosen the pully nut (7/8?) and loosen the jam nut on the adjusting stud below it. Take the tension out and...you know what to do. Probably won't work for your 313, but for a steak, I thought is was worth a shot.

  2. #2briannnebo2009-08-03 20:04

    I talked to whayne supply friday, It looks like the tail weight will have to come off. What a crock.

  3. #3RobVG2009-08-03 21:32

    You've GOT to be kidding:jawdrop Sorry

  4. #4RobVG2009-08-03 21:37

    Brian, I did some looking around the internet and ran across some of your other posts elswhere. Can you post the pictures you took here on this forum?

  5. #5RobVG2009-08-03 21:41

    I found a 313c not far from here. I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow. Let us know if you found your answer.

  6. #6RobVG2009-08-04 13:12

    I looked at a 313c this morning. There is a smaller louvered cover to the cab side of the engine cover. I could see the AC compressor through it. This must be for accessing the belt- at least on this machine. Removing both covers should give you access to the pully and adj. stud.

  7. #7tallman ex2009-08-05 22:11

    Counter weight removal I am 99% sure you have to remove the counter weight. My 308 zero turn you have to remove the counter weight for about anything besides a service. It's easy four big bolts on the bottom and you can buy the threaded lifting eyes that screw into the top from cat. A 3 yard loader should lift that no problem. A 955 would barely pick off the counter weight of my 315BL. Good luck