Machine worked fine one day. Parked and came back next day wouldn't start, started by "jumping the starter " but throttle wouldn't work and hydraulics were locked out can't find the problem? Is there a module that would cause this? Help please!
That sounds very much like a fuse or circuit breaker. Have you tried the main circuit breaker (and all the others as well) to see if any of them are tripped..? I would also go through all the fuses checking each one of them with a multimeter to see if you have a blown fuse.
That was my first thought as well. I checked the circuit breaker and fuses as well as the relays (switched them around as they all have the same numbers on them). I did find a module under the cab it has a Cat label on it but it also has wires running to a light and a coil which resembles an anti-theft device? Is there such a module out there for equipment???
Also a side note this is a grey market machine made by Mitsubishi
Serial Number...?
Ser# cat0313clwsa00381
They are all made in a joint partnership with Mitsubishi in Japan. Have you checked the master switch? Someone could have needed a key and took yours. I also seem to recall the batteries being in a bad place behind the cab and difficult to get access to. Battery cables are a common issue with all those reduced tail swing machines. I would also be checking for rodent droppings or nesting back in the battery compartment.
Checked batteries and cables, all seems ok. Like I said earlier it will start if I jump the starter solenoid so the power is sufficient it's just not getting there. Thx for replies
OK, so Houston we have a problem...... The WSA-prefix 313C has no non-Japanese-built equivalent model to look at in order to find technical information, so there isn't even an electrical schematic of something similar to look at in order to figure out where the power goes from the batteries. The nearest thing I can see that MIGHT work is a 312C of CBA or FDS-prefix to get an idea of the electrics. I have never worked on this range of machines so I'm batting a bit in the dark here although TBH I would have thought that all the basic electrics ought to be similar if not identical in pretty much the whole 311C-315C range of machines. I may be wrong there though. If someone could get hold of an Electrical Schematic for a CBA/FBS machine that might be a start. Does that module have a Part Number on it as well as the Cat label..? Try posting a photo of it and see if one of our resident excavator experts recognizes it.
A thought just occured to me. I wonder if the module referred to above is the 24V/12V voltage converter..?
I'd try the schematics for a 314C machine, like SNY for example, they are very similar in the build. Here's that schematic View attachment UENR3210UENR3210_SIS.pdf Check neutral start relay ... oh ****, sometimes I hate CAT and their love for over engineering stuff......... They not only have 2 normal relays involved in turning the starter, they also added 2 diodes, and a timer box/eletronic relay to the mix......
The module has these numbers on it (sorry I don't know how to post pics on here). EJ61-07200B 15-201-024. 030400113 PS. I don't think it's a converter because one wire coming in has12v. The others have 24v
Thanks to our excavator expert Per Eriksson you have a link above to a schematic for a 314C that should be close enough to cover the basics, at least regarding the main power supply & neutral start function which is where your problem might well lie. The wire(s) to follow to see whether or not they have power would seem to be 101 Red from the starter motor & then also 109 Red after the alternator circuit breaker in the direction of the start relay. To upload a photo when posting hover your cursor over the line of icons immediately above the screen in which you are typing your text. The next-to-last one on the right hand side will say "insert image". Click that icon and when the small window opens tell it where the file it that you want to upload. If you can identify some wire colours & numbers going to/from the module in question that also might help to identify it.
Excavators CAT 313CSR Japan Hour 2441
broke down and brought in professional help as I am terrible with wiring stuff. Just to let you guys know the module was (to our best determination) some form of anti-theft device and we removed it which solved the starting and hydraulic issues. However the throttle/shutoff issue turned out to be a hole at the bottom of the muffler blowing hot exhaust on the throttle cables melting them together. Worked fine when hot, but when it cooled it fused together making the throttle inoperable. Thx for all the help.
This is a little off topic but I'm quoting the above as an example. How do you post a PDF to this forum so it can be directly downloaded like the one in the post above?
As above
I was wondering that too .......
"go advanced" bottom right corner and from there you'll figure it out.
I thought that it was just images. I hadn't realised that pdf was a supported file extension to upload. Good one.
Ah, you have to put it in as an attachment?
Well I learned something new today, guess I can go to bed happy now!
i bought a 313 bsr at auction i painted it and was planning on taking it back to sell at the auction. i backed it out of the shop and everything was two thumbs up! after a power nap i went to start and heard a pop and now nothing at all. ive owned a 220 hitachi 5 270s and 1 300 hitachi,,,, ive never been so pissed help where are these breakers ??? im about to remove the counter weight and i have yet found a breaker i found fuses their good #9pr00430
You bought a grey market machine that has no non-grey market equivalnet. The only official factory service documentation available for it is in Japanese. Ref #24 is the circuit breaker on a 313B CR machine which is the nearest I can find. Cross your fingers it's the same on yours. From the looks of the drawing the reset button for the circuit breaker is located outside the rear wall of the cab.
i feel a bit foolish yes i saw that circuit breaker, no power to it at all i appreciate the help very much. i did find some bare wires but the way the machine is parked i now have to figure how to spin it dead or jump. thanks again
If you would like an electrical schematic for a 313B CR please ask. It should be similar to your 9PR-prefix machine and maybe with a bit of luck could even be identical.
The BSR machines that I dealt with had the articulating boom. There may be some differences in the wiring because of that. Usually they had a a depth system and safety system to keep the bucket from hitting the cab.
Yes i would.. i appreciate all the help, i actually like the machine . ill post a picture when its done.
thank you very much! i will get back with you because this like everything has turned into a job. i found a slew of wires in extremely bad shape. im getting ready to lift the counter weight now. electrical is my weak spot so it may be a minute before i post running pics lol . thanks again
One way to post pictures is just paste in a screen shot. Like this. Joe H