Hi everyone, I am looking to buy a used Cat 314 and would like to know someone's experience with this machine? Couple of people I asked say that it might overheat due to the "squished" back. So my question is has anybody had this machine and had serious issues with it?
What model 314 and what will you be trying to do Welcome by the way
I've been looking at 314E LCR, its 2015 and has 4k hours on the clock, which I think isn't that much I will be excavating a ditch to lay pipes for water supply network Thanks
314s are awesome machines I have c model and it's a little crusty but mechanically stout I have ran the e models there good machines I have no idea of the longevity of them but at 4000 hrs I think you should be able to double that with out any major issues as long as you use good maintenance
Welcome! I have rented two 314's in the past and they were great machines. Actually I would like to have the new 315 compact radius as they are easier to move than our larger excavators. We have a 321DL and a 325FL which are both great machines. As far as overheating goes with the compact radius machines just keep the radiators and coolers cleaned out. At least twice a year we bring them to our yard for a full wash down internally. I don't have much experience with E models but our 321DL has been a much more dependable machine than the 325FL due to the DEF and emissions equipment. The 321DL has over 8,000 hours without any major issues. We've replaced more components on the 325FL with 4,000 hours than the 8K hour 321DL.
I also have an offer for 315F, but its newer and out of my price range. Thanks for the advice on radiators and coolers, so I should be fine with just cleaning them regularly. I have also had a 321 and it was a great machine, but had to sell it. Due to it being classified as oversized cargo, I had to file for an approval and pay for inspector to check it every time I wanted to move the machine, too much of a hassle. Thanks for the advice man
WTH?? Where is this?
Bosnia and Herzegovina, my friend. Anything wider than 2.6 meters or longer than 18 meters requires filed documentation, inspection when its loaded on the trailer that you have to pay for. It costs between 75$ do 100$ to move the excavator couple of kilometers, it isn't too much but you have to usually wait between 3-7 days for inspector to come and check it out before moving it. It's good if you have a well paying long jobs, but if you have driveway renovations or something that takes 2-3 days of excavation, makes no sense. And on top of that you need to have 2 vehicles, one in front and one behind with flashing orange lights during the transport, plus you're responsible for any damages to the road/surrounding areas (If weight of cargo breaks/cracks the road/tree/sidewalk). We have a saying here that roughly translates to: Where stupidity stops, Bosnia begins.
Yea that qualifies as a PINTA.