Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 314c aux hyd flow

wallerfarm ยท 2018-12-19 20:36

I have 2007 314c LCR and I'm looking into putting a diamond brushcutter on. From what I understand on the excavator I have the option of one pump or two pump flow to the aux hyd lines. My question is how do i go about changing between the 2 flow settings and how much GPM would I have. I have a hyd thumb going to the auxilary as the machine sits and it appears to have a hammer return line from the factory if that helps. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1John C.2018-12-22 10:59

    It sounds like your machine has what Cat calls combo hydraulics. The best way to check that is there should be a hand operated three way valve somewhere between the main control valve and the boom. You can follow the piping from the thumb back to the valve area to find it. The piping running to and from the thumb circuit will not be big enough to handle the flow of a brush cutter. You will have to at the least add a larger tube and hoses for the drain line back to the return circuit to the tank. That is to limit the amount of flow restriction on the return line. There is a way to add a loop between the machine control valves to get two pump flow but I've never done it and can't tell you for sure where to install it. Someone at a Cat dealer would be able to provide you with that information.