Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 315 bl

Dozier Digging ยท 2016-09-09 22:27

I've got a cat 315 bl I'm having a tracking issue I've had this machine for awhile and worked out a few problems I was having a bogging problem it ended being a fuel issue had a stick in the line at one of the banjos fitting I wanted to ask if anyone could point in the direction to my tracking issue machine moves forward and back ok just want turn unless you use the Bucket to rotate the machine I would greatly appreciate any information

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2016-09-10 05:34

    If I understand you correctly the machine won't turn well just with the tracks, you have to lift it and use the swing, correct....? If that's the case have you ever resealed the centre swivel, because if the answer is no then that's the first place i'd recommend looking. You will likely find the seals in it brown, cracked and hard instead of white and pliable.

  2. #2Dozier Digging2016-09-10 07:38

    Correct I am talking the tracks and sorry I failed to mention I have already replaced the seals in the swivel they most have been ok because it didn't make a change at all