Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 315 swivel issue

AGVK1 · 2023-04-11 19:53

Hey all, I have a 2017 CAT 315, I was loading trucks and began to notice that when swiveling, the machine’s momentum kept it going and I had to stop it turning as opposed to it stopping when I let go of the joystick as usual. Almost like it became “loose” any ideas what the issue may be?

Replies11
  1. #1Nige2023-04-11 19:58

    Is there any chance you moved the free swing switch into the "free" position.? Post a Serial Number so that I can see what your cab controls look like.

  2. #2AGVK12023-04-11 20:04

    If I did it would have been accidental, considering I’m not even sure where that is and been only loading for the lady few days. Any chance you’d know where the switch is?

  3. #3Nige2023-04-11 20:06

    Only if you post a Serial Number so I can look at the O&M manual section for the cab controls. Here's a thought. Take a look in the pocket behind the seat and check if the O&M Manual is still there. If it is look in it for the section entitled "Operator Controls".

  4. #4AGVK12023-04-11 20:52

    It would be CAT0315FKTDY10235

  5. #5heymccall2023-04-11 21:11

    Flip this switch to "O". Should be on console near armrest.

  6. #6Nige2023-04-11 21:50

    #24 in the illustration below.

  7. #7AGVK12023-04-11 21:53

    Thank you both, I’ll check it out when I’m on site tomorrow, gonna feel real dumb if this is the case but hopefully that’s all it is haha

  8. #8skyking12023-04-11 21:54

    Nice job fellas. Don't feel dumb. It happens to all of us. In the old days they had machines with all sorts of levers and switches with nothing. No clue no book. That is where the saying came from: " if you don't know what Lever A does, leave er B."

  9. #9Gary Layton2023-04-11 23:21

    I have a 320CL...exact thing with ours when we first got it...a 2006. We thought there was an issue with the slew system. It was that switch to the right of the armrest area. It allows fine movements in tight quarters, I think. Once we toggled the switch the slew has been wonderful ever since. Simple fix...bet your is the same.

  10. #10Gary Layton2023-04-11 23:23

    This is what mine was doing...flipping the switch corrected it.

  11. #11AGVK12023-04-12 20:15

    Appreciate the help fellas, turns out the switch was the issue, can’t see how I would’ve pressed it by accident but glad that was it!