2003 ish Cat 315C crowd boom (outer arm with bucket) stuck in fully extended position. When joystick is pushed forward I can hear the fluid being sent. It whines for a few seconds as though you’re holding the joystick after fully extending a cylinder. However, the cylinder won’t move when pulling back on joystick. It’s stuck in extended position and will not move. Any ideas? Thanks.
Bad cylinder and a stuck spool. You might have someone operate the cylinder while you are next to it and listen for a hiss in the cylinder.
My guess would be that the piston has come off the rod.
If the piston has come off the rod as Mobilewrench said no matter which way you move pilot control it will always try to extend the stick. When pulling pilot control "in", the piston is forced to the bottom of the cylinder then the pressure acts on the rod extending it.
Depends on if the cylinder is stuck extended, or the stick is stuck extended. I thought the stick was extended and wouldn't pull back?
Yes, it looks like I misread the original post. Good catch, Delmer.
Me too misread post good catch
I kind of still want to know how this worked out.