i mean what can you say but wow and be glad your not standing below
Holy xxxx!!!!!
yeah thats kinda what i said
wonder what the need for that on the roof was:beatsme
im trying to remember where i saw these pics i think there were more i remember seeing it doing some sort of demo maybe
How would you like to be the engineer who said "yea I think we can put a 35K pound excavator on the roof". I'll bet that was one expensive ride.
heh, crazy, blows my mind that they can do that.
im getting anxiety just thinking about it...
awesome pics !!! thanks:drinkup
What - they couldn't use a 345?
Doh! I forgot to put the bucket on it!
Doh! I forgot to put the bucket on it! :Banghead :Banghead Man you know how much extra there going to charge to take the bucket up to the machine?:beatsme :Banghead When I first saw that pic I was like holy crap, then just speechless. Cool picture needless to say.
I'am surprised that is legal
No worse than lifting a 15 ton A/C unit to the roof. Id sooner lift the excavator cause I know its solid.
what you think, the FAA is going to come in and ticket everyone for flying an excavator without a license? I think not.
I remember doing demo of the the old Lantic Sugar refinery here in the city and we put a 450 Deere on the 6th floor and worked our way down. Was a fun job except for the warf rats eyeing you up
what do you mean you forgot to fuel it!!
that would take a plane to fuel & grease it & it gives me the willies of looking @ it in the pics as im scared of hights that high up . i guess to operate it ya take a flight of stairs or an elevator to the top ? somebody put a cape on it here comes SUPERCAT LATER Yall Bulldog
Nice keep them coming
I believe they use "in-flight" refueling!!
Not something you see everyday. :dizzy I would have taken the ride up with the machine. Best views around town and beats the stairs. (not to keen on lifts) Ross
Very nice, and something you don't see everyday. Here in Norway we don't have so many skyscrapers to excavate on. But when we build powerlines its not unusual to fly an excavater. Problem is the Bell 214 doesn't lift the exc in one piece.... I spent a summer in a Kobelco 903 working on the powerlines, wasn't nessecery for me to move by air that summer...though. But you demont the stick, fly it. Demount the boom, fly it. Demount all but 4 bolts on the mainbearing, connect to the chopper, take out the last bolts and fly the mainpart. At last you fly the undercarrige. Then you fly yourself in a smaller copter to the mounting site. Chopper lifts the mainpart and puts it on the undercarrige. Those pilots are extremely skilled. Fit that mainpart to the undercarrige with a helicopter! Boom and stick mounted last with the chopper. On shorter moves you use your tracks. They fly your tools anyway. Normaly u have a compressor, barrack, toolscontainer, timber, iron and fueltank. Everything moved with the chopper. You work in two or tree teams together. One on each powerpole/post. Move when u have finished a post. Got a lot of passenger time in a chopper that sumer.
Amazing picture So, how deep would the hole be if that puppy fell off the building? I've always been amazed by how cranes could be constructed to help build tall buildings. With the weight of that excavator, I am now even more amazed. J, http://www.aviongoo.com [email protected] http://www.excavargoo.com
Welcome to HEF magnets! :drinkup Where bouts in Georgia are you from?
atlanta
Welcome to HEF magnets.
Thanks for the welcome Thanks for the welcome. Since it looks like you've been around the business and web for awhile I would appreciate your input. What websites are most frequented when the excavator buyer wants to compare prices on a used excavator? It looks like machinerytrader and rockanddirt are two. Is catused.com another? How about point2.com? What others are the top listing websites for excavators. Thanks!
Try this one it might have what you're looking for. http://www.equipmenttraderonline.com/
I from a little town right outside of Macon myself. The sites you and Wrenchbender listed are some of the best ones. Are you looking to buy one from one of the sites or are you buying local and just need price comparisons?