Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 315C L engine info ……. please

Wibble ยท 2015-11-26 13:18

I'm trying to find a replacement engine for CAT excavator 315CL ANF00325 s/n 0315CTANF00325. Japanese built according to ironplanet.com, Ritchie Specs says it has a 3046T engine in it, I had deduced, for various reasons, that the engine was a Mitsubishi and a possible supplier is telling me that the engine is in fact a re-badged 1004 series Perkins going under the model name 3054 Oooh how grateful I would be for any clarification.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2015-11-26 15:19

    Your 315CL was built in Japan on 30/01/2004 and has a 3054 engine, Serial Number CRX01654 if it still has the original engine installed. Ritchie Specs data probably refers to the US-built 315CL. The Engine Arrangement is Part Number Cat 176-3172. It's listed as a "Perkins Mitsubishi" so I would be it's a Perkins design built in Japan by Mitsubishi. What's wrong with the original engine..?

  2. #2Wibble2015-11-26 16:11

    Well thank you for the explanation! It seems that everyone was right. The engine "makes a lot of noise" ........ believe it or not that is sufficient for certain local government workshops to just swap the whole thing out.

  3. #3Nige2015-11-26 16:16

    I guess you don't have anyone who can diagnose what's wrong with the engine..? Maybe fixing it would be a far more cost-effective than trying to find a replacement outside the Cat dealer network, because you could end up with something that doesn't mate up to the Cat machine systems.

  4. #4Emp Pai2015-12-05 10:01

    Does anyone can help find an Engine Head for me... Either new or used for my Catapillar 320 CL CJC03073. Thanks for your help. Regards Emp Pai

  5. #5Emp Pai2015-12-05 10:04

    Sorry its Catapillar 315 cl cjc03073