Have a 1997 315L excavator when it is -10c or colder the heater,lights don't work till it warms up has anybody run into somthing like this does not have aircondiotning.Thanks
Are you saying the heater doesn't work..? If so the first thing I would be checking is the thermostat, it sounds like it's stuck open.
The whole heater panel stays off like there's no power there till machine warms up then then it will click on and off for awhile then it will stay on its like something in electrical has to warm up to make contact My am radio and working lights do the same as the heater and it all starts working at the same time.
Sounds like a case of whats called 'morning sickness'. If you can get a wiring diagram and trace all the 'failing components' power you will likely come to a 'common' power connection. The connector needs to be 'tightened' or 'cleaned' or whatever to make a good solid connection. It now has a 'resistive' connection that does not make good contact until heated/warmed up.
Thanks think I got it heater relay phoned dealer no help so I talked to my son who is in his first year automotive sure is helpful they learn more about wiring and electronics now so should be good.
From your post #3 above where you say that the AM radio and working lights do the same as the heater then unless a single relay controls all of those 3 functions I personally do not think the heater relay is the source of the problem. Do you have an Electrical Schematic for the machine..? If not and you would like one then send me a PM with your S/N and email address. I tend to agree with the poster above who suggested a possible loose/corroded "common power" connection for the 3 functions that give trouble. While you're in there looking you should also consider that the same possibility could apply to a common ground connection as well.
Thanks I do have a schematic I've had it for 7 years and I new that the heater did that from day one but I never ran it when it got cold so was never a concern but this year work is going on longer there is three relays by the heater so I replaced the heater one. Has warmed up here so I'll see when it turns cold again.