Hello folks, I have a 315L Serial # 6YM00723 in pretty good shape for the year. Sat over the winter with fuel additives in the tank. Topped the tank with fresh fuel and she started right up, let it warm up while I hit the grease fittings and it started to stumble a bit and stalled out. Only way I could get it to start again was to use the priming pump whilst cracking the 9/16 bleed nut on top of the fuel filter. Thought it was strange air got in the fuel system, fired up and ran fine for about 1/2 hour and then stalled out again. Curious if there was air in the fuel system again, I cracked that 9/16 bolt and it was bubble city! I’m guessing I’ve got an old fuel line someplace that’s leaking air, but thought I’d throw it out here encase someone has had this issue in the past?
I would bet on this!
Either that or you have a fuel supply line fronm the tank that is partially plugged. Have you opened the tank drain recently to see what sort of crud falls out of it.?
So I’ve replaced 11’ of fuel line. Bled the air out of the system and it fired right up. Runs fine until I jostle the machine a bit while digging and then she sputters and stalls. Nige, it’s seeming like your speculation was bang on! So I reached under the tank and I can feel a valve, it spins 360 degrees and nothing came out? I’m guessing that when the handles of the valve is vertical, it’s open? Gonna try fishing a stiff wire up the hose to see what happens. any tricks to this tank drain?
Correct. You might have to remove the complete valve in order to clean it but that would be very messy. In truth that valve should be opened after every time the fuel tank is filled, once the fuel has had time to settle of course. Just don't put your head/eyes directly under it and try to look up into the hole in the bottom of the valve while you are poking a wire up it..........
Used a tig rod to clear out the drain. Saw some water and random crap come out before it ran clear. Purged the system of air and it fired right up.