I'm putting new rails on my 315L Cat excavator and am curious as to how the front idler comes out. I bought new idlers and its a good thing as the first one is already loose and wiggling more then I think it should. I put a little pressure with a chain on it pulling forward but I didn't want to break anything.
See if this thread gives you any ideas .......... HeavyEquipmentForums or this one ........ HeavyEquipmentForums You will either have the type of track adjuster that has the "dimple" on it (like the 1st thread, so the two pieces are probably rusted together) or has two bolts on at the back (like the 2nd) that you have to remove before the adjuster will come out.
It slid right out, just had to keep it level. Installed the new front idler and back in it went with the new one. Now I'm just waiting on a bottom roller.
I'm guessing the rails were way worse then I thought, it's supposed to be 44 link and I only had 43 on each side. Now I need to find 2 more pads.