My cat 316e was running fine when out of the blue the hydraulic functions all stopped. so far we have: Checked pilot pressure and it’s got pressure via the display Checked and changed the hydraulic kill switch Checked wire harnesses for cut wires No luck on anything. Please help
Have you checked for codes on the monitor panel?
Pilot solenoid coil failure? And, yes, it will have a code. Since you seem to know your way around the monitor (you said that you checked pilot pressure), A) retrieve the fault codes, and 2) verify computer input and output status, both analog and digital.
I went again today to run through and try to figure this out. first picture is a new code I hadn’t seen before Second is the ecm readings showing none which is weird Third is another code. Also the horn isn’t working When I push thumb controls on the left hand side the motor bogs down slightly like it’s responding to aux pressure. this photo shows power shift pressure as none
Logically you are looking at a disconnection in the harness or a faulty processor. Time to pull some sheet metal and start diving in looking at harness couplers and components. You should also be able to narrow it down somewhat by checking component outputs in the monitor panel.
The components out pits should be reading on this monitor correct?
If the engine is running then I'm sure they should be reading on the monitor.
So I’m deep diving on the web as much as possible. Pilot pump failure and pilot solenoid failure are solely hydraulic issues. My issue seems to be electrical since I have no read outs on certain items and the dead give away to me was the horn not working. Long day ahead of me tomorrow before I got to the cat dealer. Thanks guys
Have you checked for blown fuses in the fuse panel?
Do you have an electrical schematic.? Shout out if you need one but please include a machine Serial Number.
Schematic would be great! Cat 316 0316ek yzz00212 been going through fuses one by one
Well sometimes the solution isn’t too bad. Found a bad fuel pump thanks to a blown fuse. Traced my problem Back to the hydraulic lockout solenoid thanks to help from Nige. I swapped it with another solenoid and the machine moved just like normal. Thanks for the help guys keep at it.
Always good to hear a fix that isn’t too hard on the wallet.
What about the horn?
My “mechanic” decided to pull the fuse and put in the fuel pump but didn’t replace it. So the fuse was simply missing.