Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 320 B LL issues

DaBiscuit ยท 2024-09-26 10:10

Hello! Before I get into the issues I'm having with this machine I want to say a couple of things: I'm not mechanically inclined, I don't have manuals for this machine (will change in a couple of weeks) I'm just an operator and the people I work with don't know much about this machine so what we/i know or can do is limited and the mechanic were gonna call has limited knowledge as well, but I would love to be able to point him in the right direction/learn what to do! Also the previous owners of this machine stated that it has "a bunch of electrical issues" Machine: 320 B LL Serial number: 6LS00300 Issues: 1.) Main boom bogs down when under load/fully extended . So this started a couple of months ago and it was just when I had a big/heavy log in the grapple and when I would try to pickup the main boom, it would either not move or move very slowly until I put the joystick back in the neutral position and try again and then it would raise with no issue. Now, for the last couple of weeks sometimes I go to pick up a log trailer, it'll bog down so bad that putting the main boom joystick in the neutral position, doesn't work until I try to pick up the main boom multiple times. When the main boom bogs down, i can hear the hydraulics trying to work and the engine throttle down but little to no response, then when it decides to work, the main boom jerks up and there's a bang! And then it goes back to normal. 2.) Grapple head won't open. sometimes when i press the trigger to the open the grapple head whether i have a log or not, the grapple won't open up, and there is no noise of hydraulics trying to work or anything, the only way I've been able to get it to open up is when I close the grapple more, then try to open it up, it'll work. 3.) Error Code: 2302, comes and goes while the machine is on, what causes this?

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2024-09-26 10:26

    Random question. Where are the manuals coming from.? Genuine OEM ones.? Because there are a lot of "aftermarket" manuals (both papaer and memory stick) for sale on the web that quite frankly aren't worth it.

  2. #2DaBiscuit2024-09-26 13:54

    We are getting the subscription for SIS once the tablet we ordered gets here and boss was saying about get paper ones from CAT just in case we don't like it or it doesn't provide the info we want