Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 320 bl not starting

Kleinfarms123 · 2021-06-29 13:07

I have a 320 bl serial 6cr01275. I have plenty of power at the battery. When I turn the key on and try to crank it does nothing. All lights will come on. When I go to the starter and short it across it will start right up. The problem with this is nothing will work I think the machine doesn’t recognize it’s running, hour meter doesn’t turn, not hyd functions, and the key will not turn it back off you have to manually pull throttle cable back. Please help I seen on just answer there has been several other people have this issue with same serial number. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2021-06-29 14:26

    Does display monitor activate at key ON. If no, the KEY fuse may be failed, or the main power relay has failed.

  2. #2Nige2021-06-29 15:02

    I'll send you an ele3ctrical schematic. You're probably going to need one.

  3. #3Kleinfarms1232021-06-30 16:29

    Yes display monitor lights up.

  4. #4heymccall2021-06-30 16:42

    Remove cover on circuit breaker panel. On device circled, there are 4 wires. Small black...Ground Small yellow...Key switch in Large red...Battery 24volt Large purple...Switched 24volt With key in run, purple should have 24volt, as well as the yellow. Is purple 24volt with key on?