I was reading the seetings of a CAT 320: It says: Enclosed cab....., track shoes, AC, etc....But what if it says: Control pattern changer" what is this? Do all the 320...have this item.
It's a valve block that redirects the pilot oil, allowing you to quickly change from SAE (Cat) controls to ISO (Deere). I would guess that all the newer 320s have them. I have yet to find a C series Cat excavator without one yet.
I owned a C-series cat without one. 2006 model 307CSB. Didn't bother me as I can run either pattern well, but it sure didn't have one. Service guy was certain it was there and pulled up the floor to show me where, and nope, not there.
Pattern changers were an option that most dealers ordered in on stock machines anyway.
My '06 320CLU did not have one either when I first went to see it .... BUT it became part of the deal to purchase before I took delivery ..... the options was an additional $4500.00 installed as an OEM item, the manual hyd switch was installed in the battery compatment .... you needed a 1/2" wrench to back off a lock bolt, manually switch it then snug the bolt back down ..... Cat would not install them anywhere else due to compensation safety rules for fear that Cat would be assuming responsability in the event of an accidental bumping of the switch ...... I later installed one one my older 312, it was done with electric solenoid switches ... the solenoids were installed under the cab skid plate, the elec toggle switch I installed on the rear of the right hand side arm rest where there were already to remove plastic knock outs to put the rocker switch into .... THE BEST PART was the price ... the kit was just under $500.00 and with about $40.00 worth of small JIC ftgs ..... point being that it works just as good as the OEM system for 1/9th of the cost ..........cheers