Hy gents, As the title sugests, could someone explain in detail how a dynamic time adjustment is done in a CAT engine of the series above? Specially the road going engines. In 100% mechanical engines. Thanks in advance.
Didn’t I send you the procedure for doing the dynamic timing on your dozer engine quite some time ago???
Buh, i don´t think so... If u did i got lost of it.... The question was generic, as have seen some fellas talking about this type of IP , overhaul , assembly and so forth. Some do cover Timing advance system, but nobody that i have seen talks about timing fine tune, or dynamic setting. (everybody seem to rely solely on the pinning method) That and during assembly of a CAT IP , no one really goes throug cylinder sincronization and balance, wich gives me a lift eye brow.
I sent another message on the PM thread from back in time, should be easy to “un-lost” … will be at the top of the list. I am not an injector pump guru so know nothing about dynamic timing in practise, the theory makes sense so it would be very interesting if any info comes to light on here. I am only somewhat educated on spill timing and the pin timing method. It seems no one that I have talked to uses the dynamic method described in the manual.
Just google SEHS8580 special instruction use of 8T5300 timing group. It’s all over the interwebs. You own a 8T5300?