Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 3208 engine in HPSI unit

Frankhaddad ยท 2017-08-30 10:22

Not a lot of info to go by, other than it is an older 3208 cat engine, n/a. Fuel leak coming from throttle shaft, driven by air cylinder, not a lot of clearance. Is it possible to change the seal without removing the injection pump? Any advise would be great! Thank you.

Replies4
  1. #1Tenwheeler2017-09-01 22:08

    As best I recall the pump has to come apart in order to replace that seal. Normally a job for a pump shop.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2017-09-02 06:22

    The throttle shaft is a 1 pc unit, the only way to replace the seal is to remove the governor.. its a simple task IF you have the room.. about 8-10 bolts & its off.. BUT clearance may be a problem..

  3. #3Frankhaddad2017-10-19 15:27

    About to make the repair soon, will update when complete. Thank you.

  4. #4crane operator2017-10-19 17:30

    I had to do the throttle shaft seal on a 3208, and I think we had to pull the fuel line assembly's to get the access to pull the cover.