Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 320bl swivel

waynechute ยท 2014-01-15 06:51

Hey guys had a external leak at the swivel, seems it was the fitting for the small line that goes in below the larger 2 lines, had some extreme cold weather here and I suspect there was water around it and it froze damaging the fitting the line attaches to,it stripped the threads out, now I can not see into the swivel to see if its threads are damaged but I suspect they are, how do I remove the swivel so I can work on it better, never had one out, all I have is a parts book.Anyone ever run into this problem before, cat 320 bl 1999 serial #6cr02059. thanks Wayne

Replies6
  1. #1waynechute2014-01-15 06:56

    p.s its the small line on the top side, looking towards the rear of the machine left side below the 2 larger lines, also machine is in a terrible spot is that small line what applies the brake and can I plug the line going to the valve to just move the machine? or will I loose oil at the swivel where the fitting goes in.

  2. #2Per Eriksson2014-01-15 08:29

    That's for selecting travel speed so you can plug it and move the machine to a better location. To remove the housing you disconnect all hoses, undo the clamp around the base, remove the top cover and the 2 bolts inside and pull straight up, while you have it apart replace the seals inside, they are cheap.

  3. #3waynechute2014-01-15 08:41

    thanks a million, sometimes hard to get you head around this when you have no service book, I'm heading out now to give it a try and get it off, just not looking forward to standing on my head lol! again thanks Wayne

  4. #4waynechute2014-01-16 06:47

    Everything went smooth ,instructions where to a tee, thanks again, reassembling it this morning with new seals. Wayne

  5. #5MNorby2014-07-01 08:37

    Searching around brought me to this thread. We have a 320BL that is having tracking issues. Low track power on one side and not tracking straight. From everything I read most often that points to a swivel reseal job. Did you find some instructions/diagrams when you did yours? Would you mind sharing? Thank you.

  6. #6Nige2014-07-01 08:40

    Send me a PM with your machine Serial Number and your e-mail address. You must be about the 10th person to ask on here about a Cat 320 swivel reseal in the past month ................