I'm in the process of fitting auxiliary hydraulics to my CAT 320C for the purpose of using a timber grapple and indexator. I have never done this before, so advise will be welcome..At this stage I've fitted the auxiliary piping on the boom and stick. I see a spare port on the main valve bank which I will connect the auxiliary piping to. I'm planning to used the bucket cylinder pipes on the grapple and the auxiliary pipes on the indexator. My question is, how to fit/connect the foot valve in the cab and to the spare port on the valve bank for operating the indexator. Also how to decrease the hydraulic pressure as both the grapple and indexator operate on relatively low pressure? I noticed adjustable pressure valves on the valve bank, but not on the spare port. Will I have to fit a pressure valve to the spare port? Any advise will be much appreciated.
I'm in the process of fitting auxiliary hydraulics to my CAT 320C for the purpose of using a timber grapple and indexator. I have never done this before, so advise will be welcome..At this stage I've fitted the auxiliary piping on the boom and stick. I see a spare port on the main valve bank which I will connect the auxiliary piping to. I'm planning to used the bucket cylinder pipes on the grapple and the auxiliary pipes on the indexator. My question is, how to fit/connect the foot valve in the cab and to the spare port on the valve bank for operating the indexator. Also how to decrease the hydraulic pressure as both the grapple and indexator operate on relatively low pressure? I noticed adjustable pressure valves on the valve bank, but not on the spare port. Will I have to fit a pressure valve to the spare port? Any advise will be much appreciated.
As far as reliefs go, you can use a crossover block for the rotate, take a good look at it first, there may be relief cartridges in or on the indexator already. If you're changing this over more or less permanently you should be able to adjust or buy lower pressure reliefs for the bucket valve ports. If not you can use a dual manifold relief, but make sure there's a tank port that returns oil to tank from the relief cartridges and if possible makeup checks to keep the cylinders full of oil in case of the cylinders moving under load and popping the reliefs open. You might consider going electric solenoid valve to control the rotate with a rocker or two buttons on the joystick lever, it's a common way to go and might be easier to connect up to your auxiliary valve section.
Thanks Lantraxco, I like the idea of using two buttons on the joystick to rotate, will find out from our local suppliers if they can supply.